Thursday, February 5, 2009

Getting Back to Normal

I ran Tuesday and today and I feel like I am finally getting back into the swing of running again. Tuesday I ran for 45 minutes and did alright. I am still recovering a bit from a cold and my breathing was tight, but I had a pretty good pace considering I hadn't ran in over a week. I took Wednesday off because I didn't want to push my self too much too soon. I think the rest was worth it because today's run went much better! I ran down to the park on Overland, ran around it, and back home through Rolland Moore park in about 54 minutes. The first time I ran that path it took me 60 minutes, so I am definitely approving and didn't lose too much ground. The plan for the rest of the week is to run tomorrow and maybe again on Sunday (I work Saturday and I'm on-call that night and on Sunday). By next week I want to get back to my normal training schedule and do a 2 hour run that weekend.

I am glad I am back to running. It really does make me feel so much better about myself. It is also very clearing for my mind and is a great way to release some stress. I am so glad I took up this sport!

No comments: