Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Finally, NEW SHOES!!!!


I finally got new shoes!!!! Sunday I finally had to motivation to pull Davey and I off the couch to Runner's Roost. Actually, let me back up because their is a little back story:

You see, I have been batteling a cold/flu for the last week and a half and haven't been running in at least that long. The race is almost a month away and I am starting to freak out about training since there have been so many "bumps" in the road over the last couple of months (Little Miss, foot hurting, and a cold). Since our last long run, my left heel has been giving me some trouble and hurting pretty bad. I am pretty sure this is due to the lack of cushening left in my worn out shoes. If I was to get back to training, and I mean TRAINING, I definitely needed new shoes.

So like I said, I finally got the motivation to go get new shoes. I brought my old shoes with me since they were pretty good until the got worn out. The sales girl took a good look at them and brought me out a "comprable" shoe by the same company. Low and behold, they fit great! The shoes I get are Asics Gel-Landreth 5 (see the attached picture). So after only trying on one pair of shoes, I was out of the store and ready to run!

Today I was able to try my new shoes out and they are GREAT!!! I LOVE THEM!!! I did 45min on the treadmill and it felt so good to run again. Plus, I could feel a real difference with the new shoes. My feet didn't hurt like they normally do when I run on the treadmill, and my heel doesn't hurt any more than it did before my run. So now I am super pumped for my last month of training! Horsetooth Half here I come!

No comments: