Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Once Again, I Hate the Gym

It is very windy here in Fort Collins with wind gusts up to 60mph, so there was no way I was going to do my 80min run outside today. This is a shame since it would have been a beautiful day outside if it weren't for the wind. So I once again found myself at the gym (which is finally back open after being closed for 2 weeks). I did the gym thing on Monday and did some weights after my run and did some more arm and abs work yesterday. All of that had already left me a little sore and tired. So today's 80min run at the gym didn't go too well. I partially blame my soreness, but I also blame the damn gym for being so dang hot inside. Basically, 50 minutes into my run after doing some hill work I felt myself becoming overheated (not necessarily out of breath) and was loosing energy. I ended up having to do some walking for about 5 minutes and then slowly upped the speed. I just want to tell the people at the gym to turn down the heat in there! It's like the keep it at a temperature comfortably for them, not comfortable for the people actually breaking a sweat. Thank you for listening to me vent.

Like I said earlier, I've been doing some weight lifting. I've decided that I need to do some more cross training and lifting to increase my overall fitness and to improve my running. I'm hoping that this will help to increase my speed and endurance during the race. I'll let you all know how it goes.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Plus running on a treadmill or track is nothing compared to running at Horsetooth Reservoir!