Thursday, January 15, 2009

Playing Catch-Up

I don't know why I get behind on the blog, especially since I have been doing nothing this week. Anyways, here's some catch-up from the week:

Saturday Davey and I did a long run of 2.25 hours. Davey ran 2 hours a couple weeks prior and messed up his ankle in the process (I keep telling him he needs new running shoes, but does he listen? No.). Since his ankle was still a little weird we ran at a slower pace than what I ran my 2 hour run the week prior. Funny thing is that we ran the same distance in 2.25 hours as what I did in 2 hours the week before. It would have been nice to go a little faster, but I have to tell myself that going slow is okay because the purpose of these runs isn't to go fast, but to just run for a very long time. I was still exhausted at the end, even though we were going slow.

This week I finally got some new running clothes since I only had one nice tech shirt and my running capris were starting to wear out. At first Davey and I checked out the Nike outlet shop in Loveland just to kill some time while having lunch. I found some awesome capris that ending above the knee (the length that I like the best), but they were still $35! Even a shirt that was on "clearance" was $15. Stupid Nike...We did pick up a running belt for long runs which I am excited to try out. After that I finally did what I had been meaning to do: go to Savers. This was such a great move! I was about to get a new tech shirt, tech capris, shorts, and a jacket (hurray! I no longer have to wear Davey's!) for only $25! Rock! I got to try out the new stuff yesterday and it was great! The jacket kept we warm, but not too warm, and stopped the wind which was great.

Today is an 80min, a couple short runs on Friday and Saturday, then a 2 hour run Sunday. The training right now is at a "plateau" where the schedule is consistant week to week with the long runs getting longer every other week. Now is the time for me to get comfortable with running for 13 miles or more and trying to increase my speed. Three more months to go!

No comments: