Sunday, October 26, 2008

Week 1: Done!

Davey and I went for a 40 minute run this morning and I feel great! I've never run 40 minutes without stopping before, and I even had energy to spare! This training actually seems to be doing me some good. I think the important part about doing the long runs is making sure that I pace myself and to not try to run too fast. I definitely found a good pace for myself today. Then on short run days, I try to run faster that I normally do to help increase my speed. It feels really good to actually feel myself become a better runner. Now I just need to keep the energy up for the rest of the week. Training schedule for Week 2: Tuesday 35min, Thursday 40min, Friday 30min (this run is really supposed to be on Saturday, but I work that day), Sunday 45min.

Registration opened up this week for the Horsetooth Half Marathon, I'm going to register once I get enough money. The sooner I register the better so I can't back out of this thing.

No comments: