Friday, November 7, 2008

The Coming of Winter

I hate the cold. The only thing I hate more than the cold is the wind. Yesterday was both cold and windy, thus forcing me inside to run at the gym. I gave up on the tract. It is too mind numbing to run a round in a circle for 40 minutes. So I ran on the treadmill for the first time EVER. It was actually pretty good. I could set my pace and mph so I knew how fast I was going. My biggest complaint is that it is way to warm in the gym and I was seating like a pig (nice visual, I know). I am so used to running outside that I hardly sweat during my run, and anything sweat quickly evaporates. In the gym, though, I had sweat dripping down my face, which not only was gross, but very distracting to my run. I also still prefer looking at the scenery and running in silence as opposed to watching the gym TV and having noise all around me. My outdoor runs are much more clearing to my head.

So as winter comes, I am going to try to run outside as much as a can. There really is no substitute for it. I'm just going to have to get over the cold and run.

No comments: