Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm not trying to make excuses...

Today was probably my worst run yest. I'm not trying to make excuses for myself, but I am trying to analyse why I had such a bad run.

First, I was supposed to go for a 45 minute run on Sunday. The night before, though, Davey and I went to a Halloween party at Beth and Bryan's (I was Hunter S. Thompson and he was Oscar Zeta Acosta from "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"). We partied a little too much to say the least and I was out of commision for my run on Sunday. Then I had to decide if I would do my 45 minute run on Monday, but that would me I wouldn't have a rest day until Friday and I felt that it would be just too hard of a week if I did that. So I decided to take Monday off and repeat Week 2 of the training schedule. I have a couple weeks to spare with the training, and I thought it wouldn't hurt to repeat these early weeks in order to build-up to these super long runs. Anyways, three days off from running was way, WAY too many days off. I could definitely feel the fact that I hadn't run since Friday. My legs got really tired and I had to take several walk breaks, when normally I wouldn't have to take any breaks at all. Bummer...Second, I wore warm running pants since it was cold out, which was also a bad idea. I got way too warm and I felt like I couldn't get rid of any of the heat I was building it. Third...I thought I had a third reason, but appartenly I don't.

Hopefully the rest of the week goes better. Tomorrow is a rest day, but I might do the stationary bike at the guy to repent for my non-running sins this weekend. I guess no one said this would be easy.

No comments: